The Best of Boudoir and Pinup Photography
With Robert Alvarado and Robin Owen
Brought to you by the Boudoir Photography Network
October 1st and 2nd – Secure Your Seat, Register Today!
Are you ready for this!
The hottest damn boudoir & pinup workshop this planet has ever seen is coming to New York City this fall! Making a rare East Coast appearance, famous pinup artist, Robert Alvarado, will be flying in from California to team up with Robin Owen, owner of the Boudoir Photography Network. Together they will present the most complete boudoir & pinup workshop ever created. In this exciting two-day class you will learn boudoir and pinup posing, lighting techniques, editing, business & marketing strategies, and much, much more! Together they are going to bring you two days of intense education that will infuse you with renewed creativity and fresh business ideas. You will learn how to recreate Robert’s signature pinup style from start to finish. Robin is going to explain how she went from making an average of $700 per shoot to as much as $4,700 in a matter of a few months. Is it easy? No. Can it be done? Hell yes! And she’s going to tell you the secrets she used to turn her business around. Need to learn more about sales and marketing yourself to a high-end clientele? We’ve got that covered. It would literally take you years to learn on your own what we are going to teach you in this amazing two day workshop. Did I mention there will be cocktails? After lunch of course. ;0)
When you leave this workshop your head will be spinning with the new skills and information you have acquired. The workshop will take place in one of Manhattan’s most stylish studio lofts. This place is simply incredible! It would cost you thousands to rent a similar set on your own. Seriously, how often do you get the opportunity shoot in a gorgeous, fully furnished NYC loft while drinking cocktails and having a blast with other photographers? This workshop is a great way to build up your boudoir and pinup portfolio. You’re going to go home with kickass images to use on your website, and the ability to recreate them for your clients!
The workshop is limited to no more than twenty participants. There are no plans for further workshop of this kind on the East Coast. We want you to walk away with the knowledge and skill to kick your boudoir and pinup business into high gear. Come hang with us and join the party!
For afordable places to stay in or near the city check out Airbnb You will find much lower prices in NJ and It’s easy to take the bus in and out of the city. Look for NJ rentals near Hoboken, Rutherford, Lyndhurst, Weehawken, Union City, Jersey City and Secaucus all are a short bus trip in and out of the city.
October 1st and 2nd
Two-Day Workshop Fee
$1,575 For both days
Who Is This Class For?
Anyone interested in learning more about boudoir/pinup photography and taking their business to the next level.You must have basic working knowledge of your camera. You should know how to manually adjust your shutter speed, ISO and F-stops and understand the effects these controls will have on your images.
What you will learn
- Flow posing for boudoir and beyond
- Tips for making every woman look her very best
- How to help tense clients relax allowing you to capture beautiful facial expressions and natural looking poses
- We will talk about how to shoot curvy girls and deal with problem areas
Lighting & Equipment
- Studio lighting setups for pinup and boudoir
- The compact equipment Robin uses for shooting when she needs to travel light. It’s the perfect setup for shooting in hotels.
- Shooting with natural light and reflectors
- Off camera flash with pocket wizards: Robin will give you a quick demo of OCF for sexy, dramatic, high-impact images.
Pinup Alvarado Style
- Learn Robert Alvarado’s style of pinup photography: You will have the opportunity to shoot Robert’s models and follow along on your laptop as he teaches you his editing style and how he does everything from shooting to postproduction.
Marketing & Branding Yourself
- New and exciting networking ideas: get your clients to happily advertise your business for you!
- Customer service that keeps them coming back for more and telling all their friends about you
- Creating a cohesive brand identity online
- Big mistakes photographers make with their websites and how to avoid them.
- The 3 things you *must* have to attract high-end boudoir clients
- How to conduct profitable in- person sales sessions without fear
- Managing client’s expectations to avoid sticker shock when they first see your price list
- How to explain why your 4×6 cost as much as your 8×10
- Overcoming clients’ hesitations to buy
- Working in hotels and ideas for setting up home studios
- Ideas for building your boudoir portfolio when just starting out
- Photoshop retouching